Here at Lawn Doctor, we have a very simple approach to our work—be safe, have fun, and change the world one lawn at a time. It’s the kind of approach that, not surprisingly, has led us to the highest customer satisfaction and retention rates in the industry.
Lawn Doctor locations across the country offer phenomenal employment opportunities. Whether you’re an experienced lawn care technician or just starting out on your career path, all you need is a passion for success and a strong work ethic to be a candidate to join your local Lawn Doctor franchise. No matter the task, our independent operators know that every Lawn Doctor employee plays an important role in providing customers with the great results they expect, while making the local community a little happier. Your work will never go unappreciated.
Lawn Care Technician Responsibilities
- Driving company vehicle from Lawn Doctor office/warehouse to clients' properties (All technicians drive new customized Dodge ProMaster3500 vans)
- Identifying various grasses, weeds, diseases and insects then implementing appropriate control solutions
- Treating lawns with high-quality, environmentally sensitive products (i.e. grass seed, fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides, etc.)
- Operating, maintaining and calibrating equipment, tools and machinery (e.g. Lawn Doctor’s patented Turf Tamer Stand-On Applicator)
- Aerating and Power-Seeding lawns (different from mere aeration/over-seeding) with Lawn Doctor’s patented Power Seeder
- Communicating clearly (verbally and written) with clients and office staff about lawn issues and services provided
- Meeting/Exceeding production standards and goals
Lawn Care Technician Job Requirements
- Adherence to the company’s policies and safety standards Maintain a valid Indiana Drivers License with clean driving record and insurability; High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Reliable transportation to work (Offices in Carmel and Westfield)
- Willingness to work outdoors in various weather conditions Ability to thrive in team environment yet self-directed when working alone
- Ability to complete required paperwork and reports; Computer skills (proficiency with Real Green software preferred)
- Ability to operate equipment and machinery
- Ability to regularly lift in excess of 50 lbs
- Drug testing and background checks may be required
- Lawn Care Experience is preferred (though not required); Registered Technician Certification is preferred (though not required) and we will pay for the cost of the exam for new technicians
Lawn Care Technician Compensation
Compensation is commensurate with experience and performance. Our Lawn Care Technicians earn $500-$750/week (equivalent to $12.50-$18.75/hour). Base pay starts at $500/week (based on a 40 hour work week) and with production and retention bonuses, motivated technicians have the opportunity to earn significantly more!
We'd love to hear from you if you're interested in finding out more about this career opportunity! And we’re not going to say anything cliché and cute like “Come and grow with us” or “The grass is greener on our side”...definitely not doing that. (But we really are a solid company offering great opportunities for our team members!)
* All Lawn Doctor locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual Lawn Doctor franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All Lawn Doctor employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered by individual Lawn Doctor franchisees. These positions are not through Lawn Doctor Inc. or the franchise. They are offered exclusively through local Lawn Doctor franchisees.
Lawn Doctor of Hamilton County
Lawn Doctor of Hamilton County is a proud franchisee of Lawn Doctor, Inc. who has been serving local communities since 1967. With our aggressive growth plan for Hamilton County and the Indianapolis market, we are actively recruiting and hiring new lawn care technicians and sales team members to develop the business. With such growth, there are significant opportunities for professional development and advancement within our company. We provide extensive training to enable our team to excel in their positions. We are looking for enthusiastic, high-integrity, competitive, self-motivated and goal-oriented people to join our team! Our Lawn Care Technicians are committed to providing outstanding lawn care services and exceeding all of our clients’ expectations. If you enjoy working outdoors, independently and in a fast-paced positive work environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
Company Website: www.lawndoctor.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)